BelCare is a commitment to provide outstanding patient service. It is shared by Hearing Aid Specialists and Audiologists at participating Beltone practices throughout North America.
The BelCare commitment covers every step of the hearing aid purchase process, ensuring the highest level of long-term patient satisfaction.
What Does BelCare Promise Mean for You?
- Free cleanings and adjustments for the life of the hearing aid
- Free hearing aid evaluations for the life of the hearing aid
- Free annual audiometric screenings
- 30-Day Refund Privilege – We want you to enjoy your new hearing aids. But if you are not happy with your instruments, Beltone Hearing Care Practitioners offer a 30-day refund privilege. The practitioner will supply full details, including the amount of any applicable, non-refundable preparation or restocking fees, as indicated by state law.
- Lifetime Care™ Program – Beltone backs every hearing aid sold with a Nationwide Program of continuing care. We can clean, inspect, adjust, and service your Beltone hearing aids at any one of our 1,500 Beltone offices and service centers.
- Warranty and Lost, Stolen, and Damage Protection – You will receive free of charge a one-year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty and one year of Lost, Stolen, and Damage Coverage (LS&D).
- Hearing Loss Change Protection – Beltone will provide you with a more powerful hearing aid if, within a specified period of purchasing your hearing aids, tests reveal a loss of 15 or more decibels in the primary speech frequencies. If any, the cost and time limits for this plan vary by Beltone’s National Managed Care contracts and/or Beltone New England’s Hearing Healthcare Program selections/agreements.
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct – Every Beltone hearing care practitioner has agreed to follow and live by a strict code of ethical guidelines. We are dedicated to fulfilling the expectations we set with you and commit ourselves to preserve the highest standards of service to our clients.
- Thorough Hearing Evaluation – Every participating BelCare provider offers a comprehensive 10-step hearing evaluation to clearly determine if you could be assisted with hearing aids.
- Setting Realistic Expectations – Before you invest in your hearing aid, a Beltone Hearing Care Practitioner will review the benefits and limitations of hearing aids with you. Learning to adjust to a hearing aid will take patience and cooperation on your part. We want you to be fully informed about what you can realistically expect from hearing with amplification.
- Minimum Loss to Fit – Your hearing test results must indicate a loss within a range where a hearing aid could benefit you. If you are outside the fitting range for a hearing aid, the Hearing Care Practitioner will be the first to tell them.
- Verification of Benefits – Within 30 days of delivery of your hearing aids, the Hearing Care Practitioner will demonstrate to you, through comparative tests, the improvement you have achieved in hearing and comprehension.
- Personalized Follow-Up Schedule – Your Hearing Aid Specialist will outline a specific follow-up schedule to help you adjust to hearing with hearing aids. Your Beltone practitioner will help you become more comfortable with and knowledgeable about your hearing aids, and they will also make any necessary adjustments themselves.